Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Disney World -- Here I Come!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am an avid fan of almost anything Disney. I don’t pretend to be an expert – for example – I don’t keep a running timeline in my head of movie release dates, or when a particular park or ride opened, or other such kinds of Disney trivia. Rather, I love Disney, and in particular the Walt Disney World Resort, for the sheer enjoyment of the moment. Starting the very second I hop off the plane in Orlando, it is a total immersion experience for me. And for me, it is magical.

My dear husband Jamie and I are embarking on a trip to Walt Disney World in a few days. In this era of social networking and knowing that other Disney fans like to live vicariously through those who are trekking around “The World,” I’ve decided to make my foray into the world of blogging and use this trip as a jumping off point. So here I go.

We will be accompanied on the first few days of the trip by Adam and Heidi, and another Jamie will be joining us for a few days toward the end of the trip.

PRE-TRIP REPORT

The Schedule – A Rough Outline

December 12 – Travel day; Disapalooza Party at Disney Hollywood Studios
December 13 – The Magic Kingdom; Disney Hollywood Studios
December 14 – EPCOT
December 15 – So long to Adam and Heidi
December 16 –
December 17 –
December 18 – Welcome Jamie #2
December 19 –
December 20 –
December 21 –
December 22 –
December 23 –
December 24 –
December 25 –
December 26 – Travel day

Getting There/Staying There

Adam, Heidi and I are flying in with an ETA of approximately 10:30 a.m. Jamie will be driving in from the Florida panhandle. It’s my first time to try Disney’s Magical Express shuttle from the airport to the resort.

We have been members of The Disney Vacation Club since 1994. We’ll be staying at my favorite resort – Old Key West. I love that place! I’m looking forward to one of my favorite adult beverages – The Dolphin Splash – from The Gurgling Suitcase.

Good Eats and Great Fun

Even though I’ve been preparing for this trip for months, we decided to not get all carried away this time and to pretty much take things as they come (as you can see from the schedule posted above). I only made a few restaurant reservations, which means we’re free to come-and-go at a leisurely pace without having to be in a certain place at a certain time in order to be within close range of a dining establishment. We have reservations at Teppan Edo, Liberty Tree, and Le Cellier. I love these places! Other than that, it will be counter service dining for us. Our room comes complete with a full kitchen, so I suppose I could cook, but I’m thinking that probably won’t happen.

We will hit every park multiple times. I’m really looking forward to seeing all the holiday decorations, especially that beautiful lighted castle. And we always enjoy “resort hopping” to check out all the decorations at the resorts.

So, that’s about it for the pre-trip report. Here’s hoping the weather is nice and the crowds are at least manageable. I will try to update my blog throughout our trip.

1 comment: