Sunday, December 20, 2009

EPCOT and Hollywood Studios





The last couple of days have been consumed with more park touring with our friend Jamie Robertson who hasn't been to Walt Disney World in about 30 years. He's here for three days, so he's getting the condensed version of the tour -- hitting the highlights for the most part.

Yesterday we went to EPCOT in the morning, took an afternoon break, and went back in the evening to watch Illuminations. There's just no getting tired of these fireworks. I could watch them every night, which is why I want to work in that coffee stand near The American Pavilion. I could sell coffee, enjoy the music, and end every day with the most spectacular fireworks ever!

Today we ventured over to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Jamie and Jamie rode the Tower of Terror while I got in line for fastpasses for Toy Story Mania. I've ridden the Tower of Terror about a half dozen times, and I like it okay, but I've come to the conclusion that there are just certain things you eventually have to say no to, and riding this ride is one of the things on my "thanks, but no thanks" list.

We watched The Voyage of The Little Mermaid show. This was one of Lindsey's favorite Disney movies when she was little, which I suppose makes this show a must on our to do list.

We rode Star Tours and then headed back to the other side of the park to ride The Rockin' Rollercoaster -- one of my all-time favorites.

We're back at the resort for a little while. Tonight we will go to The Magic Kingdom to see if we can knock out a few rides and watch the fireworks. The park is open until 2 a.m.

(Leaving for Magic Kingdom. Will finish this later.)

Okay, it's midnight and we're back. Whew! What a night. Went to the Magic Kingdom -- rode Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, watched the fireworks, saw Mickey's PhilharMagic, and had a front row seat for the SpectroMagic parade.

I'm not even setting an alarm clock for tomorrow.

Lindsey and Caroline -- ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. Mommmiiiii!!!

    I'm at work and thought I'd catch up with you through your blog! You look like you're having a lot of fun...JEALOUS!

    I miss you tons!

    KiKi

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO!

    Luv u all!

    It's freezing here :(

    Nini

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the coffee stand is a bad idea. If fireworks is all it takes to keep you, I can see what we can do here in Columbus Ohio.

    KC

    ReplyDelete